CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey’s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals – Christ Hospital in Jersey City, Hoboken University Medical Center and Bayonne Medical Center. CarePoint united three area hospitals to provide 360-degree-coordinated care by integrating the medical facilities and physician networks associated with these institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey and each year provides care to over 300,000 individuals.
CarePoint prides itself on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management. Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts, CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address urgent population health needs.
1. Carries out an approved program of preventative maintenance and generates corrective work orders for equipment failures on HVAC equipment, utilizing the HEMS 2000 PM system.
2. Completes work orders given by the Supervisor.
3. Diagnoses problems regarding HVAC malfunctions; advises supervisor, and takes corrective actions.
4. Checks; maintains, repairs and conducts quality control and other tests on pressure, heating and water controllers, valve and float actuators, steam traps, filters and thermostatic controls.
5. May assist in general department activities as needed, such as snow removal, flood or fire emergencies.
6. Participate in the department on-call system to provide around the clock coverage for the Hospital.
7. Keeps supervisor informed of activities within the section and of suspected and identified malfunctions and problem areas within the system and/ or equipment.
8. Assures work areas and equipment are maintained in a safe, orderly manner and those safe work practices are applied in all activities of employees assigned.
9. Performs other duties as required.
10. Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when inter-relating with other personnel, co-workers and public.
11. Indicates to Supervisor of any weak area of work performance.
12. Utilizes the refrigerant compliance manager software to maintain records for refrigerant usage.
13. Upon request controls the fire alarm system and uses the hot work permits as required.
14. Trouble shoots and maintains the Automatic Temperature Control system; as well as maintains the pneumatics.
15. Responsible for servicing the Vacuum and medical air equipment except the outlets.
16. Responsible for all HVAC mechanical equipment rooms so that they are neat and maintained.
17. Understands IAQ issues with the Hospital.
18. Understands how to perform daily water treatment analysis and is able to maintain desirable levels as indicated in the policy and procedures. Ensures that daily readings are taken once a day (Mon.-Fri.) either by the HVAC mechanic or himself.
19. Ensures daily tours are performed once a day (Mon.-Fri.) on the HVAC equipment and the Medical air.
20. Assist the Electrical and Plumbing mechanic with HVAC portions of their PM’s. Also troubleshoots and repairs as required the building automation system.
21. Utilizes lockout tag-out as required, and maintains a safe working environment.
22. Maintains filter stock inventory for Plant Operations personnel.
23. Maintains age specific competency with the HVAC field and stays current with new practices.
24. Sets an example to all Plant Operations personnel by maintaining teamwork and providing a sense of cooperation with all employees.
25. Daily completes time sheets and turns in to the Supervisor at the end of the day.
EDUCATION: High School/vocational school graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year related experience.