CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey’s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals – Christ Hospital in Jersey City, Hoboken University Medical Center and Bayonne Medical Center. CarePoint united three area hospitals to provide 360-degree-coordinated care by integrating the medical facilities and physician networks associated with these institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey and each year provides care to over 300,000 individuals.
CarePoint prides itself on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management. Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts, CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address urgent population health needs.
Main Function: Accountable and responsible for management of patients with difficult vascular access needs. Duties include:
• Placing and maintenance of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) lines
• Accessing port-a-caths
• Resource to bedside nurses who have tried but have been unable to obtain peripheral intra venous access
• Responder to code blues, code strokes and rapid responses to establish IV access and obtain any needed blood work
• Assist in obtaining IV access for patients in the chemotherapy day room.
• Provide instructional leadership for the program directed to health care professionals on when to request the assistance of the VAN Specialist and services available
• Communicate daily with the case management department on early identification of patients who would benefit from PICC line placement.
• Maintain data and report monthly to house wide PI and Infection Control on volumes for requests, turn around times from request to placement of PICC lines, and average LOS for patients requiring PICC placement and blood stream infections associated with PICCs.
• Consult with primary physicians on appropriateness of PICC line placement and success or needed use of interventional radiology
Education: Registered nurse with IV therapy certification (required) one year clinical experience (preferred)
Work Experience: 2 – 4 of acute care nursing (required); 1-4 years of IV therapy nursing (preferred)
Internal & External Contacts: Brief Interaction (internal); Brief Interaction (external)
Licensure/Certifications: RN, IV therapy / PICC line placement, ACLS (required);
Full Time Day Shift Flex
*An Equal Opportunity Employer*
Regular Full-Time Day Shift