The LVN performs a variety of patient care activities for patients of varying ages under the supervision of a Registered Nurse in a correctional facility.
1. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Possesses effective interviewing and data collection techniques.
3. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of an LVN.
4. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
5. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
6. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
A. Work Experience
Minimum of one year of experience in a health care setting, preferably in a correctional facility.
Current license as a LVN in the state of Texas.
C. Education and Training
High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing.
El Paso, Texas, United States