The Community: We are located in a truly magnificent area, overlooking the picturesque Maine coastline. Mid-Coast Maine offers some of the most spectacular natural beauty and outdoor recreation found anywhere. Sail and kayak the world-class waters of Penobscot Bay, hike the mountains that overlook the sea, swim & fish in our pristine lakes and streams, and bike on our country lanes. Enjoy an abundance of rich cultural opportunities and great schools in a safe community environment.
The Position: The scope of Psychiatric and Detox nursing involves the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with acute psychiatric conditions and/or detoxification from alcohol and/or other substances. These patients range in age from 18 years through geriatrics. Working within a model of “Safe Patient Family Centered Care”, the PARC RN collaborates with other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team to develop a treatment plan, monitor effectiveness of that plan and to assist in the development of a discharge plan that best meets the patient’s and family’s needs. The PARC RN works under the direction of the PARC Nurse Manager.
The Requirements (KSAs):
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current licensure on the State of Maine Board of Nursing.
2. Current BLS Certification.
3. MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behavior) course completion within twelve months of hire.
4. Completion of departmental competencies within one month of hire.
5. Articulates elements of professional practice and demonstrates:
o Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and Patient and Family Centered Care
o Understanding of teamwork and collaboration
o Effective verbal/written communication skills
o Knowledge of process improvement and sound safety strategies
o Competence with computer applications