Summary Position Summary
• Under the general direction of a security manager, supervisor, or management designee, the security officer will monitor the healthcare environment to help prevent security incidents from occurring and de-escalate incidents as they emerge.
• He or she will help generate a feeling of personal safety and good will among staff, patients, and visitors.
• The security officer may provide protective services and, with sufficient training, patient restraints as deemed necessary by medical staff.
• The security officer will also assist with the development and coordination of related departmental policies, procedures, and programs, in accordance with federal, state, OSHA, and NIOSH regulations.
• This is a temporary per diem position.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: High School Diploma or High School equivalency (GED) preferred, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. License/Certifications: Valid Driver’s license, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) or similar within 1 year of hire, International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) certified at the Basic Officer level within 1 year of hire preferred. Completion of HIC 100, 200, and 700 required.
3. Experience: Experience in hospital safety and security preferred.
About Memorial Hospital:
Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital with a friendly team setting located in Mount Washington Valley, New Hampshire. The Valley, as it is called by locals, is known for its scenic beauty in the shadow of the White Mountains. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, the North Conway area is a great place to live and work, with dozens of ski areas and hundreds of hiking and biking trails just outside your door. The tourism industry is a major business driver in the area, and Memorial Hospital is one of the area’s largest employers. Famous for its outlet shopping, North Conway is 2-3 hours from several major metropolitan areas and their airports, such as Boston, Portland and Concord.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.
Flexible (As Needed)