Updated: Feb 26, 2020
Location: UC Irvine Campus
Department: TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
The Roofer position is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, repairing, designing, modifying and or altering roofing of Campus infrastructure including all buildings, common areas and related structure, etc. Identify source of roof leaks and damage and make temporary and permanent repairs. Conduct water tests to verify integrity of completed repairs; perform on-going inspections; adhere to maintenance schedules; setup job by collecting and preparing all supplies and equipment. Inspect all complete projects and submit all labor and material charges appropriately. Apprise supervisor of job progress and to resolve any problem(s) related to the job. Provide direction to semi-skilled and unskilled workers. Established safety procedures at all times.
Strong Candidates will have:
* Working experience as a roofer
* Experience identifying source of roof leaks and damage
* Experience reviewing blueprints and drawings
* Experience with installing insulation, tapered crickets, wood nailers, sheet metal/lead flashings drain rings.
* This is a temporary employment position reporting UCI's Temporary Employment Services (TES) Department.
* To be a viable candidate for the temporary employment program, you must be able to start employment within 1 to 2 days after temporary employment is offered.
* Interviewing and hiring is based on internal hiring needs and how well the candidate matches the requirements, and a fit to the assignment.
* TES is constantly seeking applicants although there may not be the immediate need to interview or hire.
Hourly Salary: $23.23
As a Federal Contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.