Responsible for providing support and analyzing end-user requirements for information. Performs computer programming to deliver accurate data used in managed care operations. Develops database applications, DTS packages, stored procedures, reports and data files as required. Participates in the evaluation, development and implementation of new systems. Serves as an inter-departmental liaison to ensure effective and efficient utilization of systems. Works closely with IS Director, internal and external users, Vendors, and Information Technology programmers on data analysis and/or extracts and system implementation projects.
1. Effective written and oral communication skills.
2. Proficient in operation of computerized applications. Preferably claims processing payor systems, medical billing systems and financial application systems.
3. Experience involving systems analysis and computer programming of applications for personal computers.
4. Proficient in creative problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
5. Must be proficient with Microsoft Access, Visual Basic and SQL (C sharp desirable).
6. Must demonstrate detailed knowledge of relational database schemas, programming design/development methodologies and programming on a Windows platform in a client-server environment.
Two years of experience converting information from specifications to programming code utilizing reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, SQL, Stored Procedures or Data Transformation Packages. Experience must include writing specific reports by analyzing requirements, workflow, or diagrams and