Responsible for analyzing requirements, testing, and processing of various Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions. Performs day-to-day EDI process functions and operations related to contractual requirements, joint interface plan (JIP) specifications and HIPAA EDI transaction processing requirements. Serves as a technical expert with all EDI transaction processing. Works closely with Director of Information Systems (IS), and as part of the EDI team to ensure EDI interface tasks are completed on schedule according to contractual or organizational needs. Actively serves with the EDI team on projects of various complexities, including implementation of HIPAA transaction sets and other JIP custom interfaces.
1. Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
2. Broad technical skills with an understanding of client/server technology, LAN communications, and a wide variety of hardware, software, and operating systems.
3. Excellent business and system analysis skills.
4. Proficient at documentation and design.
5. Proficient in creative problem solving and strong analytical skills.
6. Ability to handle stressful situations and multiple tasks in a support role.
7. Ability to work in a consultative manner (prior consulting experience a plus) with people from varying disciplines and degrees of technical experience.
8. Self-motivated, analytical, a good troubleshooter and goal oriented.
9. Ability to write specifications and requirements.
10. Working knowledge of relational database schemas, project management, development methodologies and programming of Windows applications in a client-server environment.
Three years of experience in managed care applications, of which two years should be working with SQL, creation of DTS packages, Stored Procedures, current Microsoft Windows platforms, Visual Basic, and Microsoft Access. Proven experience in processing batch interface files, and knowledge HIPAA transaction code sets. Must demonstrate proficiency with EDI interface engine tools to troubleshoot, develop, and process files, datasets, and support managed care applications. Experience with evaluating technology. HMO claim systems experience desirable.
Education and Training
Bachelor degree in Information Systems or related field required.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Full - time