Coordinates unit operations/activities on a specific shift to ensure quality patient care and optimal operational efficiency that ensures continuity of care. Maintains authority for resource allocation. Assists Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager in the management of patient care administered by other members of the nursing staff. Supervises the work of RNs, and non-licensed members of the nursing staff. Has the authority to hire, discipline, terminate, and evaluate associates.
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization’s vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a hospital based acute care setting required.
1. Current Texas or compact RN license to practice in the State of Texas.
2. Current CPR and training program.
3. Current ACLS obtained within 6 months of being in the position.
4. Current NRP for Mother/Baby, Newborn Nursery and Labor & Delivery units.
5. Attainment of national nursing certification in specialty area within 2 years of being in the position required.
C. Education and Training
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
2. Meets unit-specific education requirements.
3. Completion of the Charge Nurse Course within 6 months of being in the position.
4. Completion of the On-line Preceptor Course and UMC Preceptor Course within 1 year of being in the position.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Full - time