Assists in coordinating the scheduling of tests and procedures in the non-invasive areas. Operates the Diagnostic ECG/Echocardiography equipment. Performs studies to include: Echocardiograms 2-D, M-Mode, Doppler, contrast, stress echo, and transesophageal. Provides care to patients of varying ages and age-related needs.
1. Thorough knowledge of all phases of Echocardiography, EKG, and other special cardiac diagnostic equipment.
2. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of an Echochardiography Technician.
3. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
7. Knowledgeable of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
8. Ability to perform basic computer keyboard skills.
One year of experience as Echocardiography Tech preferred.
Registered with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) or
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) preferred.
Must be certified or registered within 6 months of employment.
Education and Training
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Completion of an electrocardiography course required.
Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Sonography School or Associate of Applied Science in Cardiovascular Technology or Associate of Applied Sciences in Ultrasound preferred.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Full - time