St. Luke’s Hospital is one hospital with a laser focus on our patients. We are low on bureaucracy and high on care. Physician-led care teams make decisions based on what’s best for our patients.
When you join the St. Luke’s Hospital team, you become part of a thriving community hospital that has served the greater Toledo area for over a hundred years. There’s good reason why our turnover is so low, as compared with others in our market. We have intentionally built a culture of caring for each other, as we care for our patients. We trust and empower our staff to make decisions and move patient treatment in the right direction. In other words, we recognize the fact that the people we’ve chosen to join our team are intelligent human beings who are here to do their best work.
Located in the charming city of Maumee, Ohio, St. Luke’s Hospital is an ideal environment for medical professionals who want to work with the resources of a large hospital while enjoying the sense of togetherness found in a tight-knit community facility.
Near the Toledo Metro area, St. Luke’s Hospital is conveniently located just off SR 24 (Anthony Wayne Trail). At U.S. 23/I-475.
St. Luke’s Hospital is a nicotine free campus, which includes cigarettes, smokeless tobacco and e-cigarettes.
RNs play a vital role in the collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for their patients. It is never the same each day in terms of patient interaction and scope of treatments. This position is ideal for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient’s health and well-being.
JOB ROLES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
• Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patient’s plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their families.
• Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
• Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care.
• Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
• Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through.
• Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
• Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
• Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
*This position is currently offering a $5,000 sign on bonus, as well as a $750 employee referral bonus.
Required - Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
· Current State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse
· Current certification in BLS. ACLS within one year of hire.
. Specialty certification is desired. Completion of Critical Care classes and Critical Care experience
Preferred- Previous experience in an acute care setting
· Must be able to read and speak the English language
· Frequent prolonged standing/walking
· Lifts, positions, pushes or transfers patients
· Able to lift 50 lbs. maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying of up to 25 lbs