St. Luke's Hospital is located in beautiful Maumee, a suburb of Toledo, Ohio. The city of Maumee is located on the Maumee River and hosts a high quality lifestyle. There are 12 city parks and a boat launch, along with many other amenities including; the historic Maumee Indoor Theater, the historic Wolcott Museum, Fallen Timbers Battlefield, senior center, community band, Historical Society, youth sports and an "excellent" state rated school district. St. Luke's Hospital accommodates over 300 patients and sits on a campus that also includes the Diabetes Care Center, Pain Clinic, Oncology Center and Fallen Timbers Medical Center.
RNs play a vital role in the collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for their patients. It is never the same each day in terms of patient interaction and scope of treatments. This position is ideal for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient’s health and well-being.
JOB ROLES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
• Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patient’s plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their families.
• Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
• Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care.
• Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
• Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through.
• Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
• Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
• Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
Required - Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
· Current State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse
Preferred- Previous experience in acute care and emergency settings
· Must be able to read and speak the English language
· Frequent prolonged standing/walking
· Lifts, positions, pushes or transfers patients
· Able to lift 50 lbs. maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying of up to 25 lbs