Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of nursing and hospital personnel in the assigned area, assuming administrative responsibility in the absence of the Department Manager and the Hospital Administrator.
1. Applicants are required to have a Baccalaureate in Nursing or a graduate degree in Nursing.
2. Maintain current Missouri license as a professional nurse (RN).
3. Current BCLS.
4. Five years nursing experience.
5. Two years progressive leadership experience in a hospital environment.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Health Sciences District - Kansas City, Missouri, United States