Children’s Specialized Hospital is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Spanish/Bilingual Preferred. Not Required.
Experience with medically complex children.
Assists the Ambulatory Services staff by providing direct patient care, procedures and clerical support services.
Essential Job Functions
* Assist professional nursing staff by providing direct patient care. Prepares charts, takes temperature, pulse, perform screenings, blood pressure and respiration and other duties as assigned.,
* Assist physicians by maintaining practice workflow, organizing exam rooms, maintaining and ordering supplies, screening patient requests and other duties as assigned such as blood draws, POC testing as directed by Provider.
* Responsible for workflow in practice to ensure timely appointments and decreased wait-times to see Provider.
* Provides support to the Scheduling Coordinators by scheduling accurate initial evaluations, follow up appointments and cancellations.
* Initiates all appointment reminder calls in a professional and courteous manner, projecting appropriate language and tone of voice.
* Follows instructions closely and reports observations and symptoms indicative of patient’s reactions to treatments and patient complaints.
* Demonstrates effective oral, listing and written communication skills that facilitate positive customer relationships and staff interaction in the delivery of care.
* Prioritizes duties and responsibilities and completes them accurately and in a timely fashion.
* Maintains competence and demonstrates responsible judgment by updating knowledge, referring problems through appropriate channels and observing the policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changing circumstances related to internal and external factors.
* Willingness to travel to other CSH Medical Practice sites to provider cross-coverage.
* Provides support for patient check out process to ensure patient|family receive all appropriate documentation related to visit as requested.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Graduate from Certified Medical Assistant program.. Previous experience as Nursing Assistant preferred. Must have telephone and computer skills.
* Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)—or CMA (AAMA) AHA BLS Provider Certification required
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Tact and courtesy, patience, empathy and understanding. Sound problem-solving and communication skills. Able to maintain confidentiality of information