General Description of the Job Class
Identify and monitor potential privacy risks and create corrective action. Work with DUHS Departments to develop effective privacy education and training programs, including orientation and annual training. Monitor regulatory change, assist appropriate DUHS areas to implement or revise process to ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level:
- Manage privacy audits of operational staff’s access to patient information and, investigate and resolve policy violations.
- Identify privacy risk areas, conduct focused privacy reviews, conduct trending analysis, and direct facility/departments to implement corrective action.
- Develop internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate DUHS policies, State and Federal guidelines.
- Investigate patient and family complaints and inquiries.
- Collaborate with administrators and HR staff to implement corrective action to address violations of policy and regulations and manage completion of corrective action.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a business administration, accounting, management, healthcare administration, other related degree.
4 years of experience related to legal, regulatory compliance, patient financial services or health information management services.
Strongly prefer competence in applying privacy rules.
In depth knowledge of federal regulations
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.