Provides a broad range of clerical functions for physicians and patients.
• Greet patients, visitors and co-workers in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
• Maintain appointment scheduler and follow office—scheduling policy.
• Register patients in a complete and accurate manner to conform to all regulatory requirements.
• Collect monies at time of service.
• Reviews provider medical records to gather information for approvals from the various insurance plans.
• Handle pre-certification and referrals.
• Handles all prior authorizations on test as well as medications.
• Follow up on prior authorizations; ensure that they are completed prior to scheduled date.
• Answers the phones
• Relays messages to and from the providers to the patients.
• Ensures the end of day reconciliation is complete each night before close.
• Preform basic clerical duties as required.
• As assigned.
• Knowledge of office equipment and ability to handle multi-time telephones.
• Basic math and computer skills.
AGE-RELATED COMPETENCIES: Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to identify age-specific patient needs appropriate for this position.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
RISK MANAGEMENT/QUALITY MANAGEMENT/SAFETY: Cooperates fully in all Risk Management, Quality Management, and Safety Activities and Investigations.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Education – High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience – Customer service, computer. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Training – none.
License/Certification – N/A
ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work environment consists of daily patient contact, which may include exposure to blood, or other