The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the organization. Assists the CEO in the aggressive and successful growth of the Hospital.
Serves as key member of management team developing strategies and goals of the organization.
· Ensure all Medicare requirements for departmental operations and life safety are met.
· Responsible to guide and direct management in the development and promotion of new and existing hospital services.
· Directs the preparation of short term and long range plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
· Consults with and advises the CEO of problems related to the operation of the Hospital and assigned departments.
· Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
· Responsible for the overall directions, coordination and evaluation of the subordinate units/departments.
· Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and laws governing healthcare operations.
· Maintains an environment of collaboration and cooperation among hospital departments.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the preparation of hospital/departmental budgets and allocation of funds based on reviews of department estimates/recommendations, familiarity and operating procedures, and cost/revenue projections.
· Effectively provides and maintains communications with Medical Staff, the community and all levels of supervision and staff. Regularly tours facilities and service areas for solicitation of feedback regarding performance, needs, etc.
· Functions as CEO in the absence of the CEO.
· All other duties required by CEO.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Risk Management/Quality Management/Safety: Cooperates fully in all Risk Management, Quality Management, and Safety Activities and Investigations.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
· Education – Masters degree or equivalent.
· Work Experience – Requires 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years of prior management experience in a hospital or healthcare setting preferred.