Job Req ID: 365061
Position Number: 00168200
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: First and Second shift hours, minimum of 1 shift per pay period
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Pharmacy Packaging-Enterprise
Location: Corporate Operations
Location Details: Floats across Charlotte Metro-area inpatient pharmacies
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Oversees the provision of safe and effective medication therapies through collaboration with the patient�s care team. Reviews physician orders for drug therapy and monitors this therapy for drug choice, dosage, drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, and formulary adherence. Serves as a drug information resource to nurses, physicians, and other healthcare workers. Essential Functions
- Retrieves and evaluates relevant biomedical literature, formulates an appropriate response, and provides concise and timely response to drug information requests.
- Uses effective patient education techniques to provide counseling to patients and caregivers, including information on medication therapy, adverse effects, compliance, appropriate use, handling, and medication administration.
- Provides accurate shift to shift communication regarding unresolved situations requiring future action.
- Collects information needed to design medication therapy regimens and determine the presence of medication related problems with current therapies.
- Designs, recommends, monitors, and evaluates patient specific pharmacotherapeutic regimens. Implements recommendations effectively and utilizes the existing clinical intervention policies and procedures and documents in the medical record using the appropriate format.
- Participates in the management of medical emergencies.
- Precepts pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
- Prepare and dispense medications in accordance with best practice, policies and state and federal regulations. Manages medication therapies using clinical guidelines.
- Checks the accuracy of the work of pharmacy support team members or others in accordance with the organization�s policies and procedures.
Works primarily in the pharmacy. Delivers medications to nursing units. Requires considerable walking, standing, pushing mobile cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting 25 pounds of material. May be required to frequently stretch, bend, squat, or kneel to perform job. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle sticks, minor cuts or bruises. Exposed to various conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and changes in temperature and humidity. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer and automated dispensing machines. Must have use of both hands, be able to see clearly and read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages and syringes. Must be able to speak and be understood by others to communicate effectively. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noises. Involves rotating shifts. Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy or a Pharm D. from an accredited school of pharmacy required. Licensed in the state of North Carolina or eligible for reciprocity required. Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred. Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors, and other healthcare team members to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality of patient care required. Immunization Certification required at Medical Center Rx only
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer