Job Req ID: 363461
Position Number: 00137887
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Patient Access Pre-Service
Location: Corporate Operations
Location Details: Airport Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Supervises the activities and daily workflow of Patient Registration. Works with the managers and director(s) of Patient Registration to provide excellent service to the patients. Assists staff with registering and scheduling patients accurately. Essential Functions
- Provides leadership in Patient Registration area.
- Delivers guidance and feedback of errors to staff.
- Coordinates training for registration staff in the department and assures that all employees attend appropriate mandatory classes annually. Maintains record of employees education and staff development files.
- Audits and screen various reports.
- Manages, reviews, and processes appropriate staffing for Patient Registration department, including PTO approvals/denials, timesheets, and performance appraisals.
- Registers and Pre-Registers patients as necessary to support the team.
- Oversees cashier and valuables function to include daily and weekly audits as appropriate.
- Participates in various audits initiated in the Patient Registration department.
Works in an office environment requiring prolonged sitting, reading and composing written documents/reports with frequent interruptions. Must speak and write English in good, understandable terms. Needs intact sense of sight, hearing, and touch must have finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate required. Must be able to respond quickly to change. Valid North Carolina drivers license required.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree preferred. Background in hospital-based registration, insurance, billing, and/or billing follow-up is required. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are essential. Supervisory experience is preferred. Must be able to type 40 wpm.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer