The Medical Office Assistant is responsible for assisting in the direct delivery of primary health care support and patient care management under the direction and supervision of the Physician. Duties will include assisting the physician in the implementation of nursing care as directed, all aspects of the medical office and may include responsibilities in the front office and clinical areas. Has full access to patient health information.
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• One year of professional experience in a clinical setting preferred or candidate must show aptitude to learn medical best
practices and use of electronic medical record.
• Must be a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or have successfully completed the
Assessment-based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) program through the American Association of Medical Assistants. If
not registered/certified, must complete the Assessment-based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) program upon hire. The
certifications/registrations/recognition must be current and updated before the expiration date.
• Must possess CPR certification. If not, must be willing to complete upon hire.
• Must possess knowledge of medical terminology, business office procedures, accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation
to accurately process patient information. Positive attitude, maturity, professionalism, dedication, flexibility, customer
service skills required.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to exercise skills in the area of initiative, problem solving, decision-making and multi-tasking. Ability to react calmly
and effectively in emergency situations. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Knowledge of organization policies, regulations and common safety hazard precautions to establish a safe work
• The individual must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to serve, without prejudice or judgment, clients with
differing lifestyles, race, economic status, age, or religious affiliation.