CLINICAL EDUCATOR - UHC EDUCATION - FULL TIME (JOB ID: 2524)
The functions of the Clinical Educator are to provide professional development to nursing staff as well as provide development and education services to the various licensed and unlicensed healthcare clinicians throughout the organization.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Maintaining clinical competence in their area of specialty
§ Providing ongoing evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of the educational activities to ensure that they maintain and enhance professional development that promotes the delivery of cost effective high quality healthcare and are evidence-based
§ Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools
§ Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs
§ Coordinates orientation of new staff to the organization assuring that required training/orientation is scheduled, completed and documented in HR files
§ Develops/coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation
§ Coordinates and provides the EMR training for all patient care new hires as well as remediation for staff members as identified
§ Develops/coordinates core education for the development of leaders at all levels such as charge nurse, team leaders etc.
§ Plans, prepares and maintain materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience.
§ Provides educational opportunities that benefit nurses and other clinicians at all stages of their career development.
§ Supports staff development with educational activities (which include remediation, certifications, mentoring, life support, JCAHO requirements, product roll-outs, etc)
§ Teaches content as needed and/or assigned within clinical expertise to facilitate orientation, staff development and/or safe practice.
§ Identifies and recruits internal and external resources (nurse, doctor, other specialists) for educational activities
§ Coordinates educational activities (includes continuing education credit, clinical affiliation with universities and community outreach)
§ Participates in committees, task forces, projects as requested
§ Participates in review of activities or processes as requested
§ Maintain flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Maintains current licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
· BSN/MSN preferred
· Clinical expertise in area of practice with advanced certification preferred
· CPR Certification
· Experience in group dynamics, presentation, facilitation skills and human behavior
· Experience in project management preferred with excellent time management and organizational skills
· Experience in computer applications such as word, excel, powerpoint, outlook and learning management systems
· BLS, ACLS, and/or PALS instructor status or ability to achieve within 6 months of accepting position
· Must comply with all Standards of Behavior
· Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and mandatory training as identified by LGMC.
· General office equipment
· Diagnostic testing equipment
· Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas