CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR - UHC EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - FULL TIME (JOB ID: 2847)
The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) is a Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Louisiana, with a required BSN degree and certification in assigned area. The functions of the (CNE) are to provide nursing professional development and education services by assisting nurses in preparing for contemporary practice and supporting them in acquiring the knowledge and skills so that they can competently; collect patient health data, analyze the data to determine diagnoses, identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient, develop a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain the expected outcomes, implement the interventions identified in the plan of care, and evaluate the patient’s progress toward attainment of the outcomes in the assigned care settings.
The Clinical Nurse Educator collaborates with LGMC employees and leadership team and assists staff in assigned department with performance improvement, Evidenced Based and Research projects specific to the patient population of assigned department. Facilitate new hire and transfer employment schedules conducive to effective individualized learning needs. Establish and maintains a departmental educational documentation system consistent with regulatory and hospital standards. The CNE is responsible for the education of licensed and unlicensed personnel in their assigned department. These activities may require evening, night or weekend hours depending on the staff and department needs. Other duties may apply as deemed by Assistant Chief Nursing Officer.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree required
2. Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience in assigned area
Certification in assigned area
3. BLS required, Instructor Certificate required or obtained within 12 months of accepting position.
4. ACLS required, Instructor Certificate required or obtained within 12 months of accepting position.
5. Other certifications as deemed by Assistant Chief Nursing Officer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas