This position is responsible for caring for elderly, convalescent, or handicapped people in the patients’ homes.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Minimum qualifications for the position) Licensure/Certification/Registration:
Valid Driver’s License
• Current CPR Certification
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience: Previous experienced preferred.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs duties for the patient, including changing bed linen, preparing meals, light housekeeping, laundry, shopping and other essential errands.
2. Provides and maintains environmental and emotional comfort and assists the patient toward independent living in a safe environment in the home setting.
3. Assists the functionally impaired individual with activities of daily living in the home.
4. Maintains current driver’s license and automobile insurance with required minimums.
5. Maintain Administrative policies and procedures
6. Communicates effectively and tactfully with all patients and visitors.
7. Responds to patients and patient families in a courteous manner both on the phone and in person.
8. Other duties as assigned