Responsible overseeing a high quality, efficient, and cost effective value analysis process for Parkland Health and Hospital System. This includes establishing and executing streamlined methodologies for service/product selection, utilization, and costs; providing expertise to facilitate supply expense management; actively working with clinical areas to mediate issues with manufacturers and resolve product quality concerns; and continuous monitoring of outcomes to ensure they achieve desired results.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing or Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Must have nine years process/quality improvement, value analysis, or related experience in a healthcare setting.
- Prefer experience in multiple healthcare functional environments.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Maintains standards of professional conduct and performs all assigned and unassigned duties in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must have effective organizational skills.
- Must be able to drive consensus.
- Must have extensive knowledge of products and services related to the healthcare market.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with a personal computer regarding applications of spreadsheets, word processing, desktop publishing and database management.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Management