Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how this department is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our employees, our patients and one another. With great teamwork and a knowledgeable, tenured staff, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team, please apply today!
The Director is a professional registered nurse with twenty-four hour responsibility for departments within established standards to achieve the mission and vision of the organization. The nursing director is responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the unit/departments and executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. The nurse director provides leadership and mentorship in the development of leaders and staff. The nurse director is responsible for monitoring and evaluating quality, patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction outcomes to implement strategies for improvement. The nurse director is a change agent, and will establish strong collaborative relationships with physicians. Responsible for overall administrative, financial and clinical activities of assigned departments
What You'll Do
Individuals within this job classification are responsible for managing the activities of the organizational unit (department(s)), including:
· Executes strategic planning, leads mentoring/coaching and identifying department succession strategy.
· Oversight of physician relationships and engagement.
· Collaborates with marketing and nursing leadership in marketing, community outreach, and visibility.
· Development and oversight of quality initiatives, staffing and productivity guidelines, and customer service goals.
· Analyzes and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency standards.
· Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
· Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards and programs that supports unit/departments.
· Develops and submits budget strategies and capital budgets for the unit/departments.
· Uses forecasted budget to guide expenditure decisions.
· Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment activities.
· Demonstrates empathy, intentionally works to put others at ease.
What You’ll Bring
• Minimum of five (or 3-5)years’ clinical nursing experience of which 3 (or 2) years must have been in management capacity
BSN is required, Master's Degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•Exceptional verbal and written (including presentations) communication skills required
•High personal, ethical, and professional conduct
•Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
•Strong grasp of business and financial principles
•Strong problem solving skills
•Excellent interpersonal skills
•Ability to serve as productive member and leader of team
•Ability to develop and present complex concepts to large audiences
•Excellent computer skills, including word processing, MS Excel, database, graphics, and other relevant software
•Demonstrated effectiveness in managing and directing departmental operations and human resources, including performance evaluation, training, and professional development
•A proven track record in the development of quality clinical services
•Previous experience guiding the design and deployment of multiple service line development plans is required
•A proven ability to integrate service line development plans with clinical objectives and goals and to work across a wide range of care delivery environments and providers
•Professional experience collaborating with essential business partners
•A track record of successfully managing physician relationships, finding common ground, and building commitment around a shared agenda with physician and leadership
•A strong knowledge of, and experience with budgeting, financial management, and provider billing
What We Offer
•Competitive pay, bonus incentives, and relocation
•Medical, dental, and vision insurance
•401k with Company match
•Company paid basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage
•Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
•Advancement and career development opportunities
Employment Type (feed only)
Full - Time Regular