Performs imaging studies (MRI, X-ray required and preferred with CT ), under the supervision of the Chief Technologist, Director of Imaging Services and Medical Director of Imaging for our patients in designated time frame. Follows policies and procedures of Capital Medical Center to provide patient care activities and related non-professional services in caring for personal needs and comfort of patients and families. Recognizes and reports patient needs to create a safe and comfortable patient care environment. Rad Tech III also performs basic Radiography procedures.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards
2. High School Diploma or GED
3. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Certification (ARRT)
4. MRI certification required and with CT advanced certification preferred.
5. WA Radiologic Technologist Certification
6. AHA Healthcare BLS
7. Able to work solo
8. C-ARM for surgery required.
Essential Job Functions*:
1. Performs daily test checks on the defibrillator. Documents findings in the X-ray code book. Able to trouble shoot equipment, communicate to supervisor, and call service when needed.
2. Prepares and/or administers contrast media, e.g orally, IV, rectally without cross contamination to the patient and without complications.
3. Prepares and positions patients for interventional procedures according to the protocol book and/or as directed by the radiologist.
4. Demonstrates competency in pre-procedural patient assessment, i.e. contrast screening/consent, lab values, H&P, exam verification. Checks armbands for correct identity of the patient. Completes all appropriate clerical functions associated with each exam. Recognizes emergency situations, initiates code procedures, administer first aid/CPR when appropriate.
5. Performs all routine and trauma radiological procedures and views according to protocol book and/or as directed by the radiologist. Successfully completes all annual Radiologic Tech III position specific competencies to include: MRI, X-ray and if included, CT.
6. Prepares equipment for the Operating Room to include C-arms and portable x-ray machines. Possesses knowledge and skill with all x-ray machines. Maintains and protects sterile environment when appropriate. Maintains cleanliness, organization of the rooms and of the department, and maintains appropriate supply levels in all rooms. Ensures that all appropriate cabinets are locked according to State Guidelines.
7. Proficient in the use of the Meditech System. Proficient in the use of the PACS.
8. Participates in the on-call rotation as needed, response time in accordance with departmental policy.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 2) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.