1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
3. Minimum of 3-5 years experience in nursing management or supervisory role.
4. Minimum of five years of Labor and Delivery nursing experience preferred. Demonstrated success in impacting nursing practice through strong clinical leadership.
6. Masters preferred
Essential Job Functions:*
1. Directs operations of the unit to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and hospital requirements. Documents thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital requirements, assuring timelines, accuracy and completeness. Consistently documents on each patient per policy and department expectations.
2. Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements, including all state, joint commission, and federal regulations in area of practice, including National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures, and ANA Scope & Standards of Care.
3. Ensures a collaborative departmental approach to planning care, service design, and development of organizational policies and procedures. Works with Physicians and other interdisciplinary team members to identify patient safety/quality/satisfaction opportunities for improvement every shift.
4. Continually assesses, measures, and improves departmental performance standard to the HCAHPS customer service and core measures benchmarks as set by department and/or organization.
5. Demonstrates responsible management and oversight of departmental resources, including personnel, supplies, and equipment.
6. Demonstrates clinical leadership with all departments through improvements in nursing practice. Participates in hospital committees and assists in implementing new initiatives on the unit level when available, however, recognizing that the needs of the department come first.
7. Promotes ongoing coaching, evaluation and professional development of staff, including completion of employee appraisals within 30 days of their due dates. Counsels staff with HR as necessary to achieve standards of performance expectations.
8. Performs all essential job functions and indicated under unit RN job description.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 3) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.