Under the direction of the Hospital CEO and the corporate Senior Director, Physician Services, the Market Director of Physician Services is responsible for the direct and operational management of physician practices to include effective management of clinical systems, human resources, financial management, and environmental management; performs business development and marketing functions for the physician practices sustaining the operational success of multiple physician practices, clinics, or offices within the hospital area and remaining in compliance with all regulatory bodies.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
3. 5-7 years experience in healthcare administration/management including experience in physician practice management.
4. Demonstrated track record of success at managing, mentoring and motivating supervised staff and managing diverse teams to accomplish a wide range of strategic and operational objectives.
5. Strong knowledge of physician practice operational and financial administration..
6. Good knowledge of legal issues relating to physician-owned practices and hospital-employed physicians.
7. Demonstrated budget, financial, and mathematics skills.
8. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
9. Strong collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
10. Ability to work professionally with confidential, proprietary data and information while maintaining confidentiality.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
12. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames, as well as the ability to deal with priority changes.
13. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work within the established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization.
14. English sufficient to provide and receive instructions/directions.
1. Develops and implements physician practices’ strategic plans.
2. Ensures best practices implementation of operating policies, procedures, and principles for physician practices.
3. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
4. Helps develop plans and budgets on strategic, tactical and operating levels for and with each practice; directing the implementation of these plans and budgets; and generally helping ensure the success of each practice in healthcare delivery and financial terms.
5. Monitors financial performance compared to budget, develops and reviews weekly financial projections, and assesses physician practice staffing patterns.
6. Responsible for physician/provider recruitment and contract renewals for all employed clinic providers. Works in conjunction with corporate Senior Director, Physician Services to ensure that provider compensation is consistent with fair market value. Works in conjunction with corporate Senior Director, Physician Services to evaluate financial impact of various compensation models and production levels.
7. Supervises the administrative supervisors of each physician practice, guiding and assisting them in managing their operations, and leading implementation teams on projects and initiatives.
8. Works with the central billing office to assist practice in maximizing net revenue.
9. Promotes collaborative practice with hospital departments, physicians, and clinics.
10. Consults with the practices’ administrative supervisors concerning the operations of their practices to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas and/or improvement of services and reports such findings to the hospital CEO.
11. Works closely with the Administrative Analyst to assure proper maintenance of offices and equipment, and arranging for services including new practice set-up (acquisitions, moves, and expansions).
12. Oversees clinical and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality patient care (HIPAA and regulatory compliance).
13. Meets with and provides administrative support to physicians and serves as their go to resource for implementation of policies, procedures, and principles.
14. Helps to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations by implementing and monitoring policies and programs to protect patients and employees of the organization.
15. Ensures that the physician and the staff have the applicable training necessary for performance of their assigned duties, including adequate orientation and on boarding for new physicians and staff.
16. Understands and actively participates in fulfilling the mission of the practices.
17. Collaborates with other LifePoint hospitals and corporate departments to disseminate best demonstrated practices.
18. Work on special projects, as needed.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 2) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.