The CNA/Endoscopy Tech provides care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/instrumentation, and other health care members. Recognizes and reports patient needs to create a safe and comfortable patient care environment. Follows policies and procedures of Capital Medical Center.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards
2. High School Diploma or equivalent
3. WA Nursing Assistant certification with WA MA Registration
4. AHA Healthcare BLS
5. 1-3 years experience preferred, including charges, order entry, and Meditech
Essential Job Functions*:
1. Recognizes and informs appropriate licensed staff of signs and symptoms of complications or change in status per department and hospital policies. Demonstrates use of equipment for obtaining patient vital signs. Communicates changes to the RN. Responds to live threatening situations and rhythms appropriately.
2. Sets appropriate priorities for care. Documents thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital requirements, assuring timelines, accuracy, and completeness. Consistently documents on each patient per policy and department expectations.
3. Demonstrates ability to prepare for procedures.
4. Assist physician for all endoscopic procedures including: Colonoscopes / Flexible Sigmoidoscopy; EGD; ERCP; Endoscopic Ultrasound; remove motility – esophageal, rectal, bernsteins; Electrocautery; Dilatation: Balloon, boosies, savory; PEG placement
5. Demonstrates ability to use Endo-pro Software or all relative computer software.
6. Demonstrates use of Meditech system for charting, order entry, report retrieval, etc.
7. Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements, including all state, joint commission, and federal regulations in area of practice, including National Patient Safety Goals and Core Measures.
8. Accepts personal accountability for own professional development. Assumes the responsibility for clinical competency and professional development. Contributes to the professional development of peers/colleagues and others. Actively seeks knowledge and skills appropriate to the practice setting.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 2) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.