Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. The health system includes the 566-bed Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola and the Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart, the region's only facility specializing in the care of children. Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network. In 2003, Ascension Sacred Heart opened its Emerald Coast hospital, a 76-bed community hospital in Walton County, near Destin, Fla. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 75-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care, as well as a 19-bed community hospital in Port St. Joe, FL, that serves Gulf and Franklin counties.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Why Join the Sacred Heart Family?
Be part of a legacy of the leading healthcare professionals at Northwest Florida’s Leader in Clinical Excellence and Patient Satisfaction – Sacred Heart! This can be seen in the excellent ratings we have received on patient satisfaction surveys and our success in providing excellent care, as reflected in the Consumer Choice Awards which we have received for the past 16 years
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
What You Will Do
Every day that you come to work, you improve people’s lives! At Sacred Heart Hospital, as our Occupational Therapist, you are an integral in helping and guiding patients down the road to recovery and restored function that ensures they are able to do life activities like eating, dressing, and writing.
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
· Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
· Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
· Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
· Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need
· BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
· Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
o Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required.
o Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred.
· 3 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)