Erlanger Health System
Chattanooga, TN 37403
- (423) 778-7000
Erlanger is a non-profit, academic teaching center affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. Erlanger is also a Level-One Trauma Center for adults and the only provider of tertiary care services for the citizens of an entire four-state region, encompassing southeast Tennessee, north Georgia, north Alabama and western North Carolina. With a history that dates back more than a century, Erlanger is recognized as one of the nation's finest public hospitals and a leader in healthcare.
Each year, more than a quarter of a million people are treated by the team of healthcare professionals who are part of Erlanger.
- The August “Best Hospital” edition of US News and World Report recognized the Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center as the second-largest interventional stroke center in the US. The stroke center also remains a national leader in clinical trials for stroke.
- During 2010, Erlanger was named the “Best Placeto Have a Baby” in the Chattanooga Times Free Press’ annual People’s Choice readership poll. Erlanger was also a finalist in the “Best Place to Work” category, won by First Tennessee Bank.
- During 2010, Erlanger and Sodexo received certification from the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America for establishing a gluten-free meal initiative, making Erlanger the first hospital in Southeast to operate a certified gluten-free program for patients.
- In August 2010, Erlanger East set a record for the largest number of births in a single month – 256 – plus a record-breaking 18 births in just one day.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee recognized the Erlanger Health System on its website as a “Blue Distinction Center” in cardiac care and spine surgery. Blue Distinction is a special, quality-based designation given to certain hospitals nationwide that deliver proven results for quality care and treatment.