Hennepin County Medical Center
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Working Wonders. Add your Touch.
More than just a slogan, it’s something you could be a part of every day as a member of our team at HCMC. Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is located in Downtown Minneapolis and is Minnesota's first Level 1 Trauma Center. Our Emergency Department is the largest in the state with an annual volume of more than 100,000 patient visits. HCMC records more than 325,000 patient visits annually to its primary care and specialty clinics. Learn more about Hennepin County Medical Center at www.hcmc.org.
Who We Are at a Glance:
- Minnesota’s premier Level 1 Trauma Center with many nationally recognized programs and specialties
- The third largest hospital in Minnesota, based on operating revenue
- An essential teaching hospital for doctors who go on to practice throughout the state
- A safety net hospital providing care for low-income, the uninsured and vulnerable populations, and
- A major employer and economic engine in downtown Minneapolis.
2 00 9 was the 13th consecutive year Hennepin County Medical Center has been ranked in the U.S. News publication of America’s Best Hospitals. Hennepin’s expertise in the specialty of kidney disease (ranked 49th) was recognized in this year’s publication.
Other Hospital Recognition Includes:
- Twenty-five Hennepin Faculty Associates (HFA) physicians named 2009 “Top Docs” by their peers in MSP/St. Paul magazine.
- Awarded the 2009 Safety Net Award of Merit by the National Association of Public Hospitals for the Behavioral Emergency Response Team in the Quality Improvement category.
- Awarded the 2008 President’s Award by the National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems for staff dedication and commitment to serving victims and their families following the collapse of the I-35W Bridge.
- Recognized by HealthPartners for excellent achievement in patient satisfaction in the 2008 member satisfaction survey.
- HRSA Medal of Honor winner for achieving organ donation rates of 75 percent of eligible donors in 2008, 2007 and 2006. One of only 375 hospitals nationwide.
- Recognized by Xcel Energy as a 2009 Efficiency Partner
HCMC is located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, just minutes away from city highlights like the Metrodome, the Target Center, University of Minnesota, Orchestra Hall, and the Gutherie Theater. For information about Twin Cities events and attractions, visit:
How to Find Us:
From the northwest
94 East to Exit 230 (4th Street). Follow 4th Street to Chicago; turn right onto Chicago until S. 7th Street.
From the northeast
I-35W south to the Washington Ave. S. exit. Turn right onto Washington Ave. and go several blocks to Chicago Ave. Turn left on Chicago and travel five blocks to S. 7th St.
From the east
94 West to Exit 234B (5th Street). Follow 5th around the Dome; turn left onto Chicago until S. 7th Street.
From the south
35W North to Exit 16A (Downtown). Take 5th Avenue and follow 5th Avenue to 8th Street. Turn right onto 8th Street and take to Chicago Ave.; turn left onto Chicago until S. 7th Street.
From the west
394 East to Exit 9B (6th Street). Follow 6th Street until Chicago; turn right on Chicago until S. 7th Street.
HCMC is located at the corner of Park Ave. and 6th Street, conveniently located just 1-1/2 blocks south of the Downtown East/Metrodome station of the Light Rail Transit line.
Click here to link to the Metro Transit web page for more information.
701 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415