Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital
Louisiana Heart Hospital opened in February 2003 in the heart of St. Tammany Parish as an acute care facility noted nationally for its excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease as well as disease and injury affecting the spine. To recognize its expanded service capabilities, the hospital is now renamed Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital.
As of May, 2009, the LMCHH inpatient Area consists of 137 inpatient beds (critical care, telemetry/medical surgical). Our 20 bed emergency department is a full service emergency center. The Day Patient area prepares all out-patients and performs preadmission testing. The OR has 7 suites, one special procedures room. The Cardiac Catheterization Lab has 3 rooms (including an EP Lab).
Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital is recognized on a national and state level for quality outcomes and provides for patients first. The comfort of our patients and their families, along with advanced diagnosis, treatment and therapy are the most important objectives of the hospital. Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital is built for patient-focused care. Our patients have access to advanced technology and surgical techniques in a hospital specially designed for their treatment and recovery. All of our patient rooms are private and have been equipped to meet the special needs. Because we believe the family plays a major role in recovery, we provide family members 24 hour access to the patient, even following surgery. A sleeper bed for overnight visitors has been provided in every room.
- 2004 J.D. POWER and ASSOCIATES Distinguished Hospital Award for providing "An Outstanding Patient Experience"
- 2005 & 2006 LOUISIANA HEALTHCARE REVIEW
- 2005: Inaugural recipient of "Louisiana Hospital Quality Award" 5 awarded in Louisiana.....ONE honored on the North Shore
- 2006: "Louisiana Hospital Quality Award" GOLD LEVEL AWARD...highest level on the Northshore.
- 2006 & 2007 AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION "Get With The Guidelines" Coronary Artery Disease Performance Achievement Award
- 2006: 52 hospitals awarded in the U.S., 4 hospitals awarded in Louisiana......ONE honored on the Northshore.
- 2007: LHH is one of 2 hospitals in Louisiana to win this award 2 years in a row.
- 2006 HEALTH GRADES ANNUAL REPORT
- In The Top 5% of all Cardiac Surgery Programs in the U.S
- #1 Overall Cardiac Program in Louisian
- #1 Overall Cardiac Surgery Program in Louisiana
- Five Star Rated Overall Cardiac Surgery Program
- Recipient of 2007 Specialty Excellence Award - CV Surgery
- 2006 UNITED HEALTHCARE "PREMIUM CARDIAC SPECIALTY CENTER AND A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE FOR CARDIAC CARE" Louisiana Medical Center and Heart Hospital was designated as a UnitedHealth Premium cardiac specialty center, reflecting national recognition of the cardiac care it provides.