Premier Health - Good Samaritan Hospital
Dayton, OH 45409
- (937) 208-2482
- (937) 208-2482
Founded in 1932, Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) has a rich history of caring for the Dayton community. Today the hospital is a vibrant, multi-campus operation and a leading provider of inpatient and outpatient health care services. A full-service teaching facility, the hospital provides advanced services in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics, neuroscience, diagnostics, and women’s health. It is also home to the Good Samaritan North Health Center, one of the largest freestanding outpatient facilities2. The hospital employs approximately 3300 employees. Good Samaritan’s mission is to build healthier communities with others who share our commitment to provide high-quality, cost-competitive health care services. Serving the Dayton community is a primary goal of GSH. Good Samaritan Hospital provides Samaritan Cancer Center, Heart and Vascular Hospital, The Joint Replacement Center, and The Center for Sports Medicine. As a proud member of Premier Health, GSH is committed to improving health care in the community, and being a good corporate neighbor in the Dayton area. Dayton is located in the southwestern part of Ohio with easy access to other cities in the tri-state area.
Our awards and recognition demonstrate our commitment to excellence, to our patients, and to our employees. Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) is proud to be recognized as a leader in health care on both a regional and national level.
· U.S. News & World Reports - Seven High Performing Specialties
· HealthGrades Awards
· National study Ranks Good Samaritan Hospital's Quality Top Five Percent in Nation - HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
· HealthGrades rates Good Samaritan Hospital in the Top 5% in Nation for Emergency Medicine 2012, 2011, 2010
· National Study Finds Good Samaritan Hospital in the Top 10% of the Nation for Cardiology Services 2014, 2013
· American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) Certification
· Society of Thoracic Surgeons Honors Dayton Heart and Vascular Hospital at Good Samaritan (DHVH) 2013, 2012
· Robotic Gynecologic Epicenter
· HealthGrades Rates Good Sam #1 in Ohio for Vascular Surgery and #1 in Dayton for Joint Replacement
· U.S. News & World Report Names GSH as Top-Rated in Respiratory Disorders Care
· National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Grants Samaritan North Breast Center Full Accreditation
· Joint Commission Certification has awarded Good Samaritan Hospital seven Gold-Seal disease-specific certifications.
The arts abound in southwest Ohio. When you feel like staying close to home, Dayton offers a diverse selection of performing arts. The city is home to the Dayton Ballet, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, the Dayton Opera, and Victoria Theatre Association. Take in a show at the exquisite Victoria Theatre or the spectacular Schuster Performing Arts Center. The Fraze Pavilion is a popular outdoor music venue. Adults and kids can get lost in the wonder of any of the area’s many museums—from the innovative Museum Center at Union Terminal to the new Underground Railroad Freedom Center or the National Museum of the US Air Force. The region has more than 100 museums and galleries. Southwest Ohio is a dream come true for sports lovers, since it is home to the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Bengals, and championship tennis and golf. Dayton also has its share of sports teams. While they don’t have the high profile of national teams like the Reds and Bengals, the Dayton Flyers basketball team, in particular, has a loyal following of dedicated fans. The Dayton Dragons baseball team will keep you entertained all through the game at Fifth Third Field. Dayton teams know it doesn't take a major league stadium to get fans into a frenzy! Ohio has been said to be the nation’s biking capital with many of the bike trails in and around Dayton.