Upson Regional Medical Center
Thomaston, GA 30286
- (706) 647-8111
- (706) 647-8111
As a true regional medical center, Upson’s commitment to the community is a priority. Whether it is through quality care, education, or serving the less fortunate in our community, Upson has a progressive and positive impact throughout Central Georgia.
Under leadership of CEO David Castleberry, the hospital continues to advance clinically, operationally and financially. “We push it every day because we want the very best experience and outcome for our patients,” Castleberry said. “Patients are the center of everything we do, and that’s why our drive to continuously improve is so important.”
Upson Regional Medical Center is the hospital of choice for much of middle Georgia. Located in Thomaston, the 115-bed facility is recognized for its commitment to tending to the area’s health. The hospital is one of the largest employers in the region with more than 600 nurses, technicians, physicians, staff and other allied health professionals and an annual payroll of more than $28 million.
Upson is a shining example of the area’s workforce, engaged in advancing healthcare, and engaged in their communities as leaders and benevolent volunteers. While many rural communities lack access to healthcare, residents of Thomaston and surrounding areas benefit from Upson’s financial strength, quality, service, and technology, which is unheard of for a hospital of its size.
Upson is consistently recognized at local, state and national levels for its high levels of quality, service and commitment to community.
- Georgia Hospital Association Quality and Patient Safety Awards 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- StuderGroup FireStarter Award, Healthcare Organization of the Month, June 2011 http://www.studergroup.com/about_studergroup/firestarter/fire_starter.dot?inode=734572
- StuderGroup Excellence in Patient Care, 2010, 2011
- HomeTown Health Business Office of the Year, 2009
- Pike County Chamber of Commerce Large Business of the Year, 2009
- Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Executive of the Year, 2009
- Thomaston-Upson Chamber of Commerce Here’s Looking at You Award, 2007
- HomeTown Health Hospital of the Year, 2006
Tucked in the Pine Mountain range and along the banks of the Flint River, Thomaston, Georgia, is conveniently located one hour from Atlanta, Macon and Columbus.
Even though Thomaston is so proximate to urban areas, it has the charm and lifestyle of a rural setting. The area is great for the outdoorsman with excellent fishing, deer and turkey hunting. The local schools, organized sports, facilities2 and arts activities make the area ideal for raising a family in a strong community.