Tennova - Physicians Regional Medical Center
Knoxville, TN 37917
- (865) 545-7893
- (865) 545-7893
Located in East Tennessee, Tennova Healthcare has a rich history as a faith-based healthcare system. Tennova Healthcare continues to honor its longstanding mission to improve the health and well-being of our communities. Tennova’s Associates demonstrate the core values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, service and caring for life every day at work and in the community.
- Tennova promotes from within, providing you with opportunities to grow. We offer ongoing training so you can keep learning and stay current on new equipment and techniques.
- Our extended new grad-mentoring (or preceptor) program averages eight to 10 weeks, longer than many other hospitals.
- Tuition reimbursement is offered for advanced degrees. We'll provide flexible scheduling for you to continue your education.
- You can grow and learn at Tennova, making this your career choice for life!
- A sense of balance between you and your work is very important. At Tennova, we understand how important that balance is to you. So, we offer flexible scheduling with a variety of shifts.
- For nurses, we offer off-shift hours, and pay incentives allow you to choose your work schedule. Evening or night shifts are particularly well suited for those with nighttime biorhythms.
- We offer a two-day weekend alternative that frees your weekdays. For Associates with small children or for nurses returning to school, our 12-hour weekend shifts offer benefits and may suit your personal needs.
- The teamwork developed at work can easily extend to personal friendships.
At Tennova Healthcare, we believe that nursing can be a very fulfilling career, particularly when you are able to make a real difference in a patient's life — it intrinsically affects your own life. We seek nurses who:
- Listen to patients and understand what they need.
- We can count on, because you're willing to do what it takes to care for a patient or support the nursing team.
- Have good organization and communication skills. Being a critical thinker and problem solver are other key elements.
- Excel at what they do. Some of our best nurses become mentors, showing new grads and the new nurses how to become caring, effective nurses, too.
- Are alert and responsive to the needs of your patients, as well as the staff and nursing team.
- Are detail oriented. Nursing requires paying attention to numerous details and prioritizing multiple tasks. We look for nurses who can manage effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Have strong written and verbal skills, and are effective communicators.