The Regional Medical Center
Originating as a small, private hospital started by Dr. Charles A. Mobley in 1919, the Regional Medical Center (RMC) has grown to a 286-bed, acute-care, regional medical center owned by Orangeburg and Calhoun counties. The product of more than nine decades of work on the part of local physicians, community leaders and citizens, RMC has a strong history of commitment to the long-term health of this community.
Serving Orangeburg and Calhoun counties and surrounding areas, RMC has a multitude of specialties and programs that offer state-of-the-art healthcare. The Regional Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, has Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, and offers a 24-hour emergency department, full range of high-quality medical services and a proactive, community-wide wellness program.
RMC, a nonprofit medical facility, is owned by Orangeburg and Calhoun counties and is governed by a 17-member Board of Trustees representing both counties. Our not-for-profit status ensures that remaining finances after expenses are legally committed to improving Regional Medical Center’s patient services, technology and facilities2.
The Board of Trustees represents a broad spectrum of professional, business and community leaders and is dedicated to offering the community the best possible, most cost-efficient care available. The only remuneration board members receive is the personal knowledge that they are providing a service to the community.
RMC has experienced tremendous growth and stands ready to serve you with the latest advancements in medical technology while continuing to provide compassionate care.