Fisher-Titus Medical Center
Norwalk, OH 44857
- (419) 660-2511
Provide safe, quality health care, in a cost effective manner while respecting the dignity and uniqueness of each individual we serve. Every Patient. Every Time.
To enhance the quality of life and safety of each person we serve. Every Patient. Every Time.
Fisher-Titus Medical Center provides comprehensive state-of-the-art health care services to residents of Norwalk, Huron County and surrounding communities with the latest medical advancements. We provide the area's 60,000 residents with a full continuum of care that includes Fisher-Titus Memorial Hospital, a 99-bed acute care hospital; Norwalk Memorial Home, a 69-bed skilled nursing facility; The Carriage House of Fisher-Titus, a 48-unit assisted living facility; and a Home Health Center.
As a non-profit community hospital, we are committed to offering patients the most advanced technology and medical treatment possible, while providing the highest level of personal care. Some 8,000 residents turn to us each month for inpatient, outpatient and emergency medical procedures.
Our Employees & Medical Staff
The members of the Fisher-Titus family are neighbors and friends who work as nurses, physical therapists, radiology technologists, social workers, medical and technical professionals, administrative personnel and important support staff including food services, building maintenance and financial services.
Fisher-Titus Medical Center is the city of Norwalk's largest employer and the second largest employer in Huron County with 952 employees. Our medical staff bring 35 medical specialties to our service area. 84 physicians are active and associate members and an additional 60 have courtesy privileges.
Awards & Accreditations
Fisher-Titus Medical Center offers Tomorrow's Technology with Today's Personal Care. This is accomplished through the expertise of our highly qualified physicians, the knowledge of our caring staff and the up-to-date technology used to treat our patients. All this adds up to Award-Winning Health Care. Recently, we were recognized with a variety of honors that demonstrate the high standards the Medical Center sets as it cares for our community.
Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Fully Accredited Chest Pain Center
Fisher-Titus Medical Center is a fully Accredited Chest Pain Center. Click here to learn more.
Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Primary Stroke Certification
Fisher-Titus has Primary Stroke Certification from the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), an independent, nationally recognized accreditation authority. Resulting from an extensive and objective review of our stroke program, this certification recognizes our commitment to providing outstanding stroke care to our patients and our community and our standards of excellence provided through our educational tools and support regarding stroke prevention, care and recovery. Learn more at www.hfap.org.
"Best Places to Work" 2008, 2009 & 2010
Fisher-Titus Medical Center was the only hospital to be listed as one of 100 "Best Places to Work in Health care" in the United States by Modern Health care Magazine, for three consecutive years.
Best Cancer Care
The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (CoC) has recognized Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Cancer Program as offering the very best in cancer care. Our Cancer Program received Commission on Cancer Approval with six Commendations out of eight possible areas in 2011. We have maintained approval since 1989.
Level 3 Trauma Center
Fisher-Titus Medical Center was granted verified status as a Level 3 Trauma Center by the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department of Public Safety in December 2009. Fisher-Titus is the first area hospital to have this designation.
Other Noteworthy Awards & Accreditations
- Fisher-Titus Medical Center (one of only three) received the 2005 Making Medicine Mercury Free Award by Hospitals for a Healthy Environment (H2E).
- Awarded the H2E Partners for Change Award in2001, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2011
- Awarded the Ohio EPA Mercury Challenge Award in 2003
- Awarded the U.S. EPA Wastewise Award for Mid-Size Business in 2003
- Awarded the OHA John Chapman Award in 2003
- Awarded the Melvin Creeley Environmental Leadership Award in 2011
- Awarded the Ohio Hospital Association's John Champman Award
- The Fisher-Titus Mammography Department received a three-year term of accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in 2011. The program has been accredited since 1995.
- Since 2003, Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Pulmonary Medicine Department has been named each year as a quality respiratory care provider under a national program aimed at helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of respiratory care services available in hospitals.
- In 2011, we were awarded a three-year term of accreditation in nuclear medicine by the American College of Radiology (ACR). The program has been accredited since 2001.
- Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Blood Gas Lab and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Services are both accredited by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- In 2009, Fisher-Titus Medical Center's Ultrasound Department was accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICVL) for its commitment to providing a high level of patient care and quality testing for the diagnosis of vascular disease.