Bayfront Health St Petersburg
St Petersburg, FL 33701
- (727) 893-6161
- (727) 893-6161
Bayfront Health St Petersburg operates Pinellas County's busiest Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and has been serving the Critical Care, Emergency, and Trauma needs of our community for over 100 years.
As an academic teaching facility, Bayfront Health St Petersburg is committed to the education of healthcare professionals in a variety of areas including resident physicians.
Bayfront is an equal opportunity employer and a tobacco free/drug free workplace.
Affiliated with the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
- 480-bed hospital in St. Petersburg
- Fifteen county Bayflite air-medical helicopter program
- Six Convenient Care Clinics, offering walk-in, urgent care
- A family health center offering primary and obstetrical care
- Family practice and OB/GYN residency programs, as well as a sports medicine fellowship
- Wound care and hyperbaric center
- Same-day surgery center and outpatient imaging center
- Home health services
Clinical areas of expertise include:
- Emergency services provided in Pinellas County’s only trauma center
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services
- Women’s and infant care, including level III perinatal center and level II nursery for high risk obstetrics
- Neurological sciences
- Orthopaedic and general surgery
Bayfront Health St Petersburg Benefits
At Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, we value and respect our healthcare professionals and realize the exceptional qualities they must possess to achieve excellence and satisfaction in their chosen profession.
As one of the largest employers in Pinellas County, we strive to be a good community partner. If you’re coming from outside the area, check out what St. Petersburg has to offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, and many voluntary benefits with tobacco free annual discount
- Tuition Assistance and Scholarship opportunities
- Free parking, Discount tickets for area events and attractions
- Onsite Fitness center, child care center and sick child care center
- National Accreditation - Joint Commission
- Level II Trauma Center - Florida Department of Trauma
- Certificate of Distinction - Comprehensive Stroke Center, Joint Commission
- Certificate of Distinction - Chest Pain Center, National Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Disease-Specific Accreditation - Hip & Knee Replacement, Joint Commission
- Accreditation, Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center - Florida Department of Health
- Certified Adult Brain Injury Inpatient Rehabilitation Center - Florida Department of Health
- Accreditation College of American Pathologists - Commission on Laboratory Accreditation
- Certification - Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program
- Accreditation - Florida Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education & Accreditation
- Certification with Commendation - Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Bayfront Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
Recent Awards and Commendations
- Bayfront's Baby Place was one of only seven Florida hospitals recognized by the Florida Hospital Association’s Hospital Engagement Network for reaching a greater than 30% improvement in reducing early elective deliveries, 2013
- American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines Silver Plus Performance Award - Stroke Care, 2013
- Silver National Medal of Honor for Organ Donation by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2013
With an average of 360 days of sunshine and an average age in St Petersburg of 39, our area offers some of the top beaches and activities to entertain everyone. Professional sports for every fan includes the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Tampa Bay Rowdies and the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The area is home to year round triathlons. We have world class shopping, 49 golf courses, 137 community parks including 5 leash-off dog parks, many nationally renowned art/history museums, over a dozen performing arts theaters and plenty of outdoor festivals and activities year round.