WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, NC 27610
- (919) 350-8000
- (919) 350-8000
WakeMed Health & Hospitals, located in Raleigh, North Carolina is an 870+ bed private, not-for-profit network of medical centers, ambulatory care centers and outpatient facilities2, representing the largest health system in greater Raleigh, North Carolina. Our system includes over 7,600 nurses, technologists, medical support staff, and more than 1,000 affiliated physicians who represent the best minds and the biggest hearts in the business. Key service areas include heart and vascular services, trauma and emergency, rehabilitation services, neurosciences, and women’s and children’s services.
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
- Triangle Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work List” (2006 - 2011).
- Carolina Parent magazine “The Top 50 Family Friendly Companies for Working Parents” (2006 - present).
- Ranked the #5 hospital in North Carolina by the 2014 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals list. WakeMed was also recognized as high-performing in nine different specialties.
- Wake Living magazine 2013 Wake Readers Choice Awards “Best Emergency Room/Hospital.”
- ASTD BEST Award for Educational Programming (2007, 2008, 2012).
- Wake County’s only Level 1 trauma center; one of six in North Carolina.
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
- “A” hospital safety score from The Leapfrog Group.North Carolina’s first stand-alone children’s emergency department. It serves as a national model and treats over 40,000 children each year.
- Seven full-service emergency departments.
- Wake County’s only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. WakeMed’s NICU is only the fourth in the world to receive NIDCAP Nursery Certification.
- Wake County’s only patient simulation center, The Center for Innovative Learning, for training health care professionals.