Blue Ridge Regional Hospital
125 Hospital Drive
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Blue Ridge Regional Hospital is a 46 licensed bed, Joint Commission Accredited hospital nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Serving Mitchell, Yancey, lower Avery, and upper McDowell Counties, Blue Ridge Regional Hospital provides quality care through a comprehensive healing approach that administers to the whole person—mind, body and spirit. As a collaborative care team, we uphold the patient and family-centered model of care, inviting our patients as well as their families, caregivers and primary care providers to actively participate in treatment decisions.
More than just an award winning hospital, BRRH owns and operates multiple primary and specialty care clinics throughout the region we serve. Specialty services that we offer include Orthopaedics, Urological Services, Pain Management and General Surgical Services. Blue Ridge Regional Hospital also offers comprehensive rehabilitation services. We offer physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy available as inpatient, outpatient or in a home health setting. We continue to grow to meet the region’s healthcare needs; in 2010 we opened a new diagnostic Lab area as well as a state-of-the-art Women’s Imaging Center. By combining leading-edge medicine, advanced technology, and patient and family-centered care by our dedicated staff, we strive to reach the best outcome for each and every patient.
- Community Value 5-Star Hospital by Cleverley and Associates (2006, 2007, 2008, 2010)
- NC Quality Center—Surgical Care Improvement Program (2009)
- NC Quality Center—Surgical Care Improvement Program for Venus Thrombus Embolus (2008)
- Joint Commission Accreditation (2008)
- Care Science Select Practice National Quality Leader, Pneumonia Care (2006)
- Premier Award, Congestive Heart Failure (2006)
- Thomson Top 100 Hospital (2005 and 2006)
- Top 100 Community Value Hospital by Cleverley and Associates (2005)