Glacial Ridge Health System
Glenwood, MN 56334
- (320) 634-4521
- (320) 634-2253
Glacial Ridge Health System is a progressive, growing healthcare organization overlooking beautiful Lake Minnewaska in Glenwood, Minnesota.
Our comprehensive healthcare system combines the best of a clinical and hospital practice with a structure that gives physicians and advanced practice providers a voice in strategic direction and quality initiatives. Patients, physicians and employees all give the health system high marks for satisfaction and quality of care.
The recently remodeled clinics and hospital includes a state-of-the-art surgical suite and Emergency Department with advanced technology. With an MRI, CT and other up-to-date equipment, our physicians, advanced practice providers and expanding group of visiting specialists are able to provide high quality care right here.
The 19-bed Critical Access Hospital is designated as a Level IV Trauma Center and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital serving nearly 15,000 residents of Pope County and neighboring areas. The integrated health system is comprised of two clinics with one attached to the hospital, an ambulance service, homecare and hospice services, and wellness center.
- Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the state of Minnesota Stroke System (MDH) – June 2014
- Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Licensed Glacial Ridge Ambulance – MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB)
- American Board of Bariatric Medicine (ABBM) Certified – Medical Weight Loss Clinic
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Accredited Mammography Facility
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Certified
- Critical Access Hospital – MDH: Office of Rural Health and Primary Care (ORHPC)
- Healthland Premier Site for Electronic Medical Records
- Level IV Trauma Center – MDH: MN Statewide Trauma System – Glacial Ridge Hospital
- Meaningful Use Vanguard (MUV) Member – Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Medicare Certified – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) – Glacial Ridge Hospital, Glacial Ridge Homecare/Hospice
- Pink Ribbon Facility
- Rural Health Clinic – MDH: Office of Rural Health and Primary Care (ORHPC) -Brooten Medical Center, Glenwood Medical Center
- Stage 1 of Meaningful Use of a certified EMR – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) – August 2011
- We Honor Veterans Partner Level II – Department of Veterans Affairs – Glacial Ridge Hospice
- Performance Leadership 2015 – Top Quartile Nationally – iVantage Health Analytics and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health (NOSORH) – Nov 2015
- MDH FluSafe 2014-2015 Red Ribbon Level – Sep 2015
- March of Dimes Early Elective Delivery Recognition - 2014
- MDH FluSafe 2013-2014 Red Ribbon Level – Aug 2014
- MDH FluSafe 2012-2013 Red Ribbon Level – Aug 2013
- MDH FluSafe 2011-2012 Red Ribbon Level - Aug 2012
- MHA Safe Site Procedure Program Patient Safety Excellence Award - June 2012
- MDH Excellence in Recognition of Parentage Award - May 2012
- MDH Data Quality in Birth Registration Award - May 2012
- Joint Commission Resources Bronze Award for Employee Flu Vaccination Challenge - 2011-12
- MHA Safe Account Procedure Program Patient Safety Excellence Award - Feb 2012
- American Heart Association Heartsaver Hero Award - Sept 2011
- MDH Timeliness Perfection in Birth Registration Award - Apr 2011
- MDH Excellence in Birth Registration Award - Apr 2011, Apr 2009
- Joint Commission Resources Silver Award recognition for Employee Flu Vaccination Challenge - 2009-10
- MHA Safe Count Campaign Patient Safety Excellence Award - Jan 2009
- Joint Commission Resources recognition for successful Employee Flu Vaccination Challenge - 2008-09
- MHA Safe From Falls Campaign Patient Safety Excellence Award - Oct 2008
Glenwood is a family-oriented community with an excellent school system. Located in west central Minnesota, the beautiful, glacial carved lakes area is a popular playground for those who enjoy year-round outdoor activities. From swimming, biking, golfing and fishing to hunting, skiing, ice-fishing and snowmobiling, outdoor recreational opportunities are abundant. Glenwood is 15 minutes from Alexandria, 1 hour from St. Cloud, and halfway between Fargo and the Twin Cities - 2 hours in either direction, giving residents convenient access to shopping, live theatre, cultural events and professional sports games.