CHI St. Joseph's Health
Park Rapids, MN 56470
As a community-based, critical care hospital, St. Joseph's Area Health Services of Park Rapids provides full-service inpatient, outpatient, emergency services, home care and hospice services and more to residents of Hubbard, Becker, Cass, and Wadena Counties. Catholic Health Initiatives of Denver, CO, serves as St. Joseph's sponsor.
The Center for Weight Management led by Dr. Dan Smith, surgeon, is a regional program which treats hundreds of bariatric patients from throughout Minnesota and beyond with both surgical and non-surgical options available to patients. It operates as a Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
The Community Dental Clinic, including two dentists and public health staff, is the only dental clinic in the state that integrates dental care and public health services specifically designed for Minnesota public program patients.
St. Joseph's Care Essentials, a full-service outlet for durable medical equipment. Customers, including hospice patients, can receive home equipment and oxygen products locally which can improve the quality of their lives. Care Essentials is a full-service center. Service representatives are available to help with set-up and fittings on many of the product lines.
Statistical Highlights include:
- St. Joseph's is licensed for 50 beds; we average an inpatient census of 16.8.
- An average of up to 150 babies are born in our hospital annually.
- Acute and swing bed admissions were 1,541 last year.
- In 2007, we performed 39,595 outpatient procedures and saw 11, 009 visits to the Emergency Department.
- Home Care made 20,866 visits to patient homes last year.
- St. Joseph's has an annual budget of $34,400,000.
- Approximately 375 employees work here, making St. Joseph's one of the largest employers in the area.
In 2007, HealthStream Research awarded St. Joseph's two national first-place honors for excellence for Overall Inpatient Satisfaction and Overall Employee Satisfaction. In addition, Catholic Health Initatives named St. Joseph's a Top Ten Hospital for its awards including: Inpatient Satisfaction, 1st place; OB Patient Satisfaction, 1st place; and Imaging, 3rd Place.