Riverwood Healthcare Center
Aitkin, MN 56431
- (218) 927-2121
- (218) 927-2121
Imagine a morning commute that takes you past sparkling lakes and through the beautiful north woods. You arrive at work…a state-of-the art healthcare center equipped with the latest technology in patient care and management. Yes…this is the ideal medical lifestyle!
Riverwood Healthcare Center is a fully integrated multi-specialty health system which includes a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital three primary care clinics.
Featuring all private hospital rooms, a deluxe birthing center and state-of-the-art ICU. We are proud of our partnerships and the ability to have provide these services onsite for our patients - several of our partnerships include: Minnesota Center for Orthopaedics, Minnesota Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Minneapolis Heart Institute, Virginia Piper Cancer Institue, Adult and Pediatric Urology, as well as many other specialty groups.
Join our growing organization of over 392 employees, 27 providers, 42 specialists, 14 surgeons, and 142 volunteers. We are happy to have on our staff the 2013 Minnesota Family Practice Physician of the Year and 2014 Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year.
- Rated Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals
- Joint Commission Accredidation Gold Seal of Approval
- Recipient of prestigious HealthGrades 5 star rating for Joint Replacement ranked 4th in Minnesota and top 10% in the United States
- Strong culture of employee wellness - onsite Employee Fitness Center
- Serving a community of over 16,000 people year round – growing to nearly 75,000 on summer weekends
- Level III Trauma Center and CALS Hospital
- Level I Heart Attack Hospital affiliated with Minneapolis Heart Institute and
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Strong focus Provider Education and Community Education Programs
- Located just two hours north of Minneapolis – St. Paul
- 365 lakes with in 10 miles of downtown Aitkin
- Rich variety of local businesses
- Aitkin offers a strong public education K-12 school system with enriched, advanced placement and honors programs available
- Education is a priority with excellent teachers, exceptional opportunities for the arts, athletics and other extracurricular activities
Our residents enjoy scenic forests, excellent hunting as well as trails for biking, hiking, snowmobiling or cross-country skiing, not to mention the close access to the hundreds of area lakes with an abundance of fishing, boating, canoeing, swimming and water sports.
Aitkin Chamber of Commerce http://www.aitkin.com
Aitkin Public Schools www.home.isd1.org