DeSoto Regional Health System
In 1952, Desoto General Hospital was completed and opened to the public. The management of the Association has always been in the hands of its Board of Directors, elected by its membership at annual meetings. People from all over Desoto Parish and of varied interests and occupations have served on the Board. No Board member and no officer of the Association have ever received remuneration for their services.
In 1996, the name of the hospital was changed to Desoto Regional Health System. This name change was done to better reflect the evolving mission to the community. At the same time, “ A Better Life ¼ A Better Way ” was adopted as the motto of the hospital.
In June of 1997, Desoto Regional opened a satellite facility in Logansport: River City Health Care. In May of 1998 Desoto Regional Family Medicine was born, with the physicians joining the system July 1.