Lafayette General Health
Lafayette, LA 70503
- (337) 289-8446
- (337) 289-8446
Lafayette General Health (LGH) is a healthcare system striving to build a regional healthcare network that delivers excellence in care and outcomes. LGH serves the south-central region of Louisiana by aligning with facilities across the designated cultural area known as Acadiana.
LGH’s flagship hospital, Lafayette General Medical Center, in operation since 1911, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation that does not pay out any revenue to shareholders as for-profits do. LGH also owns or manages Lafayette General Surgical Hospital, St. Martin Hospital, University Hospital & Clinics and Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital, and has several affiliations with facilities across Acadiana.
The main facilities of LGH are comprised of five hospitals, each serving various needs and demographics.
The flagship of the LGH system is Lafayette General Medical Center (LGMC), founded in 1911. With 365 staffed beds, it is the largest full-service acute care medical center in Acadiana. The campus, located in the Oil Center business district of Lafayette, includes more than one million square feet of space. University Hospital & Clinics, located at the corner of Bertrand Drive and Congress Street in Lafayette, is also a full-service acute care center offering a variety of specialized outpatient clinics. Also in the Oil Center, Lafayette General Surgical Hospital is a short-stay surgical hospital and medical office complex that is part of a joint venture of Lafayette General Medical Center and local physicians.
Since 1969, St. Martin Hospital has served the people of St. Martin Parish from its Breaux Bridge location. Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital was founded in 1958 in Kaplan. It provides Vermilion Parish residents a general acute care facility offering emergency and outpatient services, including, among others, general surgery, gynecology, pediatrics and imaging services.
- See more at: http://www.lafayettegeneral.com/our_facilities.aspx#sthash.KHaVQyKJ.dpuf
- HealthGrades General Surgery Excellence Award, 2012
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award, 2011, 2010
- Ranked Among the top 5% Best in the Nation and #1 in Louisiana for Overall Orthopedic Services: (Joint Replacement, Spine Surgery, Total Knee Replacement, Hip Fracture Repair, Back & Neck Surgery.)
- Named #1 in Louisiana for major orthopedic surgery by CareChex, 2010
- Named #1 in Louisiana for major neurosurgery, by CareChex, 2010
- Ranked 2nd in Louisiana for Vascular Surgery
- Five-Star Rated for Carotid Surgery 3 years in a row (2008-2010)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Prostatectomy Excellence Award, 2011, 2010
- Ranked Among the top 5% Best in the Nation for Prostatectomy
- HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award, 2012
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award 3 years in a row (2008-2010)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% Best in the Nation for GI Surgery 3 years in a row (2008-2010)
- HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award, 2010
- Top performer in the Nation on CMS/ Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration for Coronary Artery Bypass
- Recipient of the "Silver Bear" Award, 2011, from the Governor's Emergency Medical Services for Children Council, meeting nationally-recognized criteria for pediatric emergency care
- Voted Best Emergency Room by the Times of Acadiana "Best of" Poll 2010
- 2010 Recipient of Press Ganey's Top Improver Award for Emergency Departments
- Recipient of Excellence in Patient Care for Physicians Award from The Studer Group, 2010
- HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, 2009
- Patient Safety Award for Overall Medical Care from CareChex
- Performed first Open Heart surgery in Acadiana
- Performed first Craniotomy in Acadiana
- Southern Eye Bank's "Hospital of the Year" Award, 2011