Reid Hospital & Health Care Services
Richmond, IN 47374
- (765) 983-3000
- (765) 983-3000
Reid Hospital boasts numerous national accreditations and is a not-for-profit 223-bed regional referral medical center serving east central Indiana and west central Ohio. Reid's service area is home to about 280,000 people and includes five Indiana and two Ohio counties.
Reid Hospital is accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), the Indiana State Department of Health, Medicare/Medicaid, American Association of Blood Banks, and the American College of Surgeons Community Cancer Program.
Wholeness - in body, mind and spirit - is basic to fulfillment of human potential. Reid Hospital & Health Care Services and its people work with others to enhance wholeness for all those we serve.
Our convictions include commitment to:
These convictions are expressed daily through C.A.R.E. principles, the active demonstration of:
These principles are directed toward those people we are privileged to serve and among all of us who serve.
Did you know . . .
Reid Hospital has been cited for excellence by HealthGrades, a national source of physician information and hospital quality outcomes, including recognition for excellence in patient safety, joint and total knee replacement, and vascular surgery.
The awards and rankings include:
Recipient of the HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
Five-Star Recipient for Joint Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
Recipient of the HealthGrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ in 2013
Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2013
Ranked #6 in Indiana for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2013
Ranked Among the Top 10 in Indiana for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2013 (Ranked 6 in 2013)
Five-Star Recipient for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2013
Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
Ranked #2 in Indiana for Vascular Surgery in 2013
Ranked Among the Top 5 in Indiana for Vascular Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013) (Ranked 2 in 2013)
Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
Five-Star Recipient for GI Procedures and Surgeries in 2013
Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis in 2013
• Reid Heart & Vascular Center's heart surgery program has received the 2011 highest rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS), putting the Reid program in the top 12% nationally. This is the second year in a row for this award.
• Reid Hospital is in the top tier of all hospitals nationwide in the 2009-2010 Hospital Value Index, which pulls and evaluates data from about 4,500 hospitals in the United States:
• 2009-2010 Hospital Value Index: Best in Value awards with high marks in quality, affordability and efficiency, and patient satisfaction as follows:
Best in Value: Quality, Affordability & Efficiency and Satisfaction
Best in Value: Superior Quality Merit Award
Hospital Value Index: Top 100 Hospital
Hospital Value Index: Best in Region (in top 13 in a six state area)
Hospital Value Index: Best in State (No. 1 in Indiana)
• Central Region VHA Peak Award for clinical quality, April 2010
• In the top 10% national or better than expected in Medicare Quality Indicators for care in heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care/infection prevention.
• Ranked in the top five in Indiana for all quality measurements for Heart Failure, Heart Attack, Pneumonia and Surgical Care by HealthInsight.
2009 VHA Award for Excellence and Superior System Performance in patient care.
• 2009 Recognition by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality for systems that address surgical complications and infection
• 2009 Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Programs in Clinical Excellence, Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
• 2009 Bronze Award, Indiana Organ Procurement Organization
Surgical Quality of Care rated in the top 3% nationally in 2008 by a national private foundation that promotes and recognizes improved quality in hospitals nationwide
• 2008 National Hospital Organization (VHA) Award for Clinical Excellence in rapid response teams and pneumonia care; Strive for Perfection in Heart Failure and Surgical Care
• 2007 VHA Leadership Award for AMI, surgical infection prevention, pneumonia and rapid response teams.
• 2006 VHA Leadership Award for excellence in treatment of AMI, heart failure and surgical infection prevention
• 2005 VHA Leadership Award for clinical excellence in treatment of AMI
• National "Most Wired" Award in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 from Hospitals & Health Networks 'Most Wired' survey
Understanding Hospital Quality
Reid Hospital & Health Care Services voluntarily gathers and reports data in accordance to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Hospitals participating in this initiative report data in several areas, including acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. CMS has established criteria to help hospitals improve the quality of care provided to patients with these diagnoses.
The staff of Reid Hospital & Health Care Services critically reviews its performance in each of these areas on a regular basis and then works to establish action steps to continuously improve patient care. To compare our scores with other area hospitals, please visit http://www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.