The Bellevue Hospital
The Bellevue Hospital is located at 1400 W. Main Street in Bellevue, Ohio and continues its almost 100 Year tradition of Caring for the Communities We Serve. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit hospital committed to offering patients the most advanced technology and medical treatment possible while providing the highest level of personal care in our beautiful hospital.
The Bellevue Hospital is one of the largest employers in the City of Bellevue with over 400 employees.
In 1914, a group of Bellevue citizens looked to the future and envisioned a modern public hospital that would allow the community to receive medical care locally. The hospital opened on March 6, 1917.
- The prestigious American Diabetes Association (ADA) Education Recognition Certificate for a quality diabetes self-management education program was recently awarded to The Bellevue Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program. This is the fourth consecutive four-year recognition for TBH’s Diabetes Education Program.
- The Bellevue Hospital’s Nutritional Services Department has been awarded The 2014 Gold Plate Award for food safety practices. The award is administered through the Huron County General Health District. This is the third consecutive year we received the award.
- Women’s Choice Award® as America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care. This coveted credential places The Bellevue Hospital in the top 10 percent for Emergency care, which was achieved by 373 hospitals, less than 10% of the 3,800 emergency rooms that report data to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Overall, TBH also ranked in the Top 1% for Emergency Care. The Bellevue Hospital received the 2014 Women’s Choice Award® ranking among America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Obstetrics.
- The Bellevue Hospital has been designated as a NICHE Hospital,the only hospital in the Four-County Area to currently hold such a designation. NICHE stands for Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders, and it means The Bellevue Hospital is designated as a senior-friendly hospital for those ages 65 and older. NICHE hospitals strive to give sensitive and exemplary care to those 65 and older, and to provide principles and tools to stimulate a change in the culture of hospitals and their care for older adults. The designation is awarded through The Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University College of Nursing.
- The Bellevue Hospital was the recipient of the 2015 Health & Wellness Award, presented by the Sandusky County Chamber of Commerce. The award was sponsored by the Sandusky County Safety Council.
- Donate Life Ohio, the Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) and the Ohio Department of Health’s Second Chance Trust Fund recognized The Bellevue Hospital with a 2014 Hospital Champions Platinum Partner award for exceptional donation advocacy in helping to increase organ, eye and tissue donor registration.
- The safety awards were created in 1953 by the OHA and the Industrial Commission of Ohio to promote workplace safety and are administered by the OHA Board of Trustees’ Safety Leadership Council. The campaign assesses hospital data from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses Form for 2012 or the Ohio Department of Commerce Public Employment Risk Reduction Program (PERRP) Form.
- The Bellevue Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in hospitals.
- The Bellevue Hospital is approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- The Bellevue Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program received certification through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
- The Bellevue Hospital’s CT Scan (computed tomography) department has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation as the result of a survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This is the CT department’s second consecutive accreditation by the ACR.
- The Bellevue Hospital’s mammography program has been awarded a three-year term of re-accreditation as the result of a survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The Bellevue Hospital’s MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) department has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation as the result of a survey by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This is the MRI department’s first-ever accreditation by the ACR.
- The Bellevue Hospital’s Nuclear Medicine and X-Ray Departments are certified by the Ohio Department of Health.
- The Bellevue Hospital’s mammography program is accredited through the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA). The MQSA legislation sets national, uniform quality and safety standards for all mammography facilities. The goal of MQSA is to assure safe and reliable mammography to allow detection of breast cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages.
- The Bellevue Hospital was honored by The Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) with a 2013-14 Safety Award.
- 2014 Gold Plate Award (Three time Award Recipient) Huron County Health Department.
- Community Service Award, Bellevue Chamber of Commerce.
- Gold Level Award, American Heart Association, Fit Friendly Gold Recognition.
- Gold Recognition: National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services; Health Resources & Services Administration;Healthcare Systems Bureau.
- Health & Wellness Award, Sandusky County Chamber of Commerce.
- Platinum Partner Award, Donate Life Ohio; Ohio Hospital Association; ODH 2nd Chance Trust Fund.
- Safety Award, Ohio Hospital Association.
- The Bellevue Hospital Community Garden project was awarded the Community Enhancement Award by the Bellevue Are Chamber of Commerce for 2015-16. The award was presented to Patti Keller, RD, LD, CDE, for her endless dedication and enthusiasm in promoting the City of Bellevue.