Adjunct Faculty III - Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
- Location: Concord, NC
- Posted: Jan 9, 2020
Job Req ID: 293141
Position Number: 00151114
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift Details: Days and hours vary including every 3rd weekend
Standard Hours: 10.00
Department Name: Masters Occupational Therapy
Location: Cabarrus College Hlth Sciences
Location Details: 401 Medical Park Drive
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Provides a quality learning experience for students on a semester basis. Performs instruction and clinical related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the college.
- Implements current, traditional, and innovative teaching methodologies whether in class, clinical or the laboratory setting to assist the learner in meeting the student learning outcomes of the course.
- Participates in the comprehensive evaluation process for courses, students, program curriculum and clinical units.
- Completes as directed all end of term responsibilities, including copies of exams, attendance records and all other designated materials to the Program Chair.
- Assumes the responsibility of being available for individual student conferences/instruction as indicated by the student's learning needs and serves as a resource to colleagues.
- Maintains proficiency in learner-centered instruction through distance delivery mechanisms.
- Participates in development of syllabi and courses with the Program Chair.
Visual and auditory acuity within normal limits or corrected. Periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending and stretching. Access to personal computer, broadband internet services and other requirements set forth on the online web site. Clinical Physical Requirements: Requires full range body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for long periods of time. Travel to clinical sites within geographic area. Possible exposure to infectious/contagious diseases, hazardous, chemicals and materials, needle sticks, blood and body fluids. Frequent moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds), pulling, pushing and carrying. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Education, Experience and Certifications
PhD in the discipline required. Minimum of 2 years post secondary teaching experience and/or clinical experience preferred. Current unrestricted valid license, certification and/or registration issues by the appropriate administrative body required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
- Part Time