Health Information Technician
- Location: Exeter, NH
- Posted: Dec 30, 2019
Assists in Coordinating the activities of the file area; retrieving/filing charts and medical record, sourcing documents, delivering and retrieving charts to patient units as needed; scanning/indexing documents into the Exeter Hospital EMR/ELR.
High school graduate or equivalent
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
HIMS students preferred. Previous experience in HIM with Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Batch Scanning skills preferred. Ability to multi task with an acute attention to detail.
1. Retrieves discharged encounter records from all clinical areas on a daily basis following departmental protocol for chart pick up. Prepares and scans documents with a batch scanner with a minimum of a 98% accuracy rate.
2. Ensures quality and completeness of scanned documents making appropriate corrections as needed and indexes forms in a timely manner with a minimum of a 98% accuracy rate.
3. Assists hospital (clinical) staff in chart completion with a general knowledge of the system and department processes demonstrating the ability to find and retrieve information as needed in the EMR and ELR.
4. Assists with enrolling patients in the Patient Portal when task coverage is needed.
5. Processes basic requests for release of information utilizing basic correspondence routines as necessary. Retrieves medical record information from microfilm, EMR/ELR as needed.
6. Coordinates the activities of the file area: pulling/filing charts and medical record source documents; delivering charts to the ED, SDC, IP and all other units, and purging charts for storage/microfilming.
7. Utilizes the transcription system to validate and assist hospital staff with troubleshooting transcription/report or dictation inquiries.
8. Utilizes various and multiple software and computer applications to perform job.
9. Handles routine phone calls and requests within the scope of job functions. Routes all other calls to appropriate area or staff member.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
- part time